- Just wanted to drop you a line and say thank you for your videos. They are such an inspiration to me. When I'm not really in the mood to paint, but I have spare time, I click up one of your videos and within no time, I'm ready to paint the world! You have a real gift. Not just as a painter but as somebody who can really inspire others. That's something not a lot of people can do. I'd love to see what you would do with the area I live, fingerlakes NY. Thanks again. Keep up the great work you do. Max Root - Homer, NY
- It’s a good watch and I am still fascinated as
to how people paint so well. The idea of a painting travelogue fascinates me
and could be a winner for you - because many people can paint but they can’t
film to the level required to achieve the effect. You can. If you start making
better videos than me I shall be very annoyed. – Mike McKimm, correspondent
for BBC Northern Ireland
- Your DVD has hit a motivating chord with my
wife Maurine. Yesterday morning, Maurine, having gone over your DVD with me
two times the previous evening, asked to borrow my brushes, a canvas, and my
acrylics. – Charley Morgan, yacht designer
- This is such a well done video: so beautiful,
informative and inspiring. I don’t know anything about painting but it makes
me feel like I’d like to start. It made me feel as though I were on the
painting trip with you and your family. Yet at the same time it was so relaxed
and personal. It was also quite full of instruction, from paint choices to
procedures to many philosophical aspects of rendering a final work. – Maria Chapin, PHD St. Petersburg College
- I came across your work on the internet. I hope
you put more demos online as they are so helpful to me and I’m sure lots of
others. I’m planning to start following one of your other demos soon. My
husband Tom bought me some acrylic paints yesterday so I’m ready to start. I
am going on 60 and will be checking your site often for updates. - Sheryl
Edwards, Perth Australia
- I just had to tell you how awesome your video’s
are. I hope that you are going to parlay this into making some teaching videos
for art students to buy. I never have understood why the powers that be never
picked up on you as a teacher and replaced Bob Ross with a great instructor
like you. Please think about it. There aren’t that many great teachers and you
are the best, good teachers are a gift. – Susan Shultz, Clearwater
- I enjoyed sitting in and listening as you
painted, it is always satisfying to watch a picture come to life. What a
peaceful video, I happened upon it via Google Video. I hope if you ever come
to Prague, you’ll feel free to let me know. – Booda from the Chez Republic
- Found yur painting demos by chance and have thouroughly enjoyed them. I was to take a workshop in Gibsons B.C. this summer in acrylic but I wasn't able to do it. I'd purchased a bunch of acrylic paints etc. and didn't have the foggiest clue how to begin. They seemed so different from the oils I usually paint in. You completely took the mystery out of it for me. Your demos are a pleasure to watch, the pace is good and I love that you include the beautiful surrounding scenery as well. It feels like someone gave me a gift. Thank you so much for the putting these online. It is so generous on your part. Tracey Mardon - Edmonton, Alberta
- Just a short note to let you know that I find your online demo videos most instructive and a joy to watch paintings come to life. I think you may be the only artist that takes so much time and energy in producint joy for others. I watch your videos not once but repeatedly because, as I said, they are extremely instructive. Many thanks.
Brick Township, New Jersey
- They are tremendous, absolutely breathtaking, very relaxing and interesting much like a travelogue.
Kate Fox - Director of Enhanced Programming -Tampa Bay News 9
- Stumbled across your videos and have been hooked ever since. I'm learning more by watching your videos than I ever did from reading any art books. I hope you continue making these great videos. Dean Anderson, Pennsylvania
- Fellow artist and member of a small online forum, pointed me to your demo on St. Marks Lighthouse. She thought I would enjoy not only your talent, but have a brief "visit" to a beautiful place. Your pleasant speaking voice, your style of painting and explaining, the beauty of St. Marks, all combined to give me a wonderful experience this early morning! Along with my apricot tea, sitting in my recliner and viewing your demo on my laptop just gave me a great start to a day I hope to spend painting!
Thank you for your generosity in sharing your talent and for doing so without charge.
Lyn Cherry - Maryville, Tennessee
- I have watched about all your videos now and all I can say is Wow! So good and so informative, easy to follow and down right enjoyable!
Dee Crider - Alabama
- Even though I never met you guys in person it was like sitting together with old friends.
Mike Romero -
- It's enjoyable to see a husband and wife working together in a loving and supportive way.
Linda Reynolds -
- Your willingness to share your techniques and working style has been a wonderful gift. Thank-you for your generosity and the help you've given to untrained hobbyists like me. Seeing the paint being applied is so much more helpful than static images in a book. Dave - Washington DC
- I really have enjoyed watching your demonstrations. I had given up on painting on site with acrylics until I happened onto your demos. After watching your methods, I incorporated them into my process and am now back to painting landscapes on site. I look forward to each of your demos.
Dave Webb - Tulsa, Oklahoma
- First, let me start by saying how much I enjoy your art and your videos. You have a unique style that captures what I perceive to be the true essence of the places you’ve painted. I’m not sure what it is, but when I view your paintings I am immediately more relaxed. Likewise, you are a great teacher as evidenced by your videos.
Steve Davis - Ypsilanti, Michigan
- I’m a British painter, mostly in oil and acrylic, occasionally watercolour. I don’t make a full-time living out of it, but am rather hoping to, one of these days. So I’ve watched many video demonstrations, looking for inspiration, ideas, encouragement, technical guidance. I’ve just watched one of your videos and have learned more from it than from any single demonstration I’ve seen before – I actually took notes, which is a thing I’m rarely inspired to do. It’s one thing to know about techniques, but to see them employed in a small painting like this helped a great deal – the information was concentrated into around 27 minutes, and really, it was all there, everything you need to know, readily absorbable. And your clear, concise commentary, obviously made at the time, was crucial – forgive a slight rave, but I really did think this was exceptionally useful, and I shall be returning to your excellent site again. Thank you very much! I’d have paid good money for that...With best wishes,
Robert Jones - Ventnor, Isle of Wight
- I love Roger and Sarah's painting demonstrations. Not only do I get a lot of painting pointers, but a travelogue, geography and history lesson to boot! We are "fulltimers", live in our motorhome and travel the country, so I can relate and have experienced first hand the beauty of the scenery he is painting. Thank you so much for making these painting workshops available. Sharon Henry, Bradenton, Florida
- My name is Helder Vieira, I am 51 years old and I live in Portugal, my country.
Excuse my english, it is not my native laguage, so I hope you I can make myself understood.
For over a year I've been watching your free videos on the internet.
You became very familiar to me.
Today, after watching several of your videos for the zilion time, I decided that it was about time to share with you the joy and the pleasure of having you talking and painting in my home everytime I want to.
I'm a painter, or at least I like to think I am, because i'm not a professional painter in the sense of living by the brush.
I have another job and I paint at nights and weekends, dont sell much.
I cannot describe all the good feelings in my heart when I watch your videos.
And it is not only because of the paintings.
It is also because of you good people, your way of life, your kindness, your tenderness.
You are in love with the life, and the world, and tunned with nature, so it seems and it shows.
Well, I feel better now.
I had to tell you my feelings about you.
It is about the same thing as when you open the door, get outside and say outloud to yourself: "What a lovely morning!"
You just have to say that.
I hope you have a long creative and happy life and share it with us a little bit. - Helder Vieira, Portugal
- I’ve spent the last half hour viewing the
painting video demonstration “In the Garden.” I learned a great deal from it.
Seeing an artist paint is like hearing an author read his own work; when the
author reads with conviction, purpose, and strength in their voice, it comes
through loud and clear. The same can be said for your video. – Mary Kelly,
- Your tapes demonstrate a gentleman who cares. I was in investments/advertising and see a natural message in your tapes which could appeal to the Older generation and children. Permit me? eg: MESSAGE; Relax in your chair, learn to see, learn to enjoy color (even if it is not in nature) and take an "emotionally exciting trip". There are thousands more people just waiting for you, Roger. Also, the economy can use your positive message. - Ron Sammann, Modesto, Ca
- Love your videos. I watch them over and over.
I too paint outdoors with acrylics. Keep the videos coming…they are very
helpful. You explain everything. –Paul Ciuppap, New Jersey
- Seriously, I've taken classes and paid for hours of
individual instruction, but I've learned more from your videos than one on
one with any other artists. I even stop and look or back up to watch you
render specific details. Watching you paint has helped me tremendously. Again, I just want you to know how much you have helped me. Now I can't wait to paint... after 25 years of
struggling. It is fun to paint again and I look
forward to the process rather than looking at a painting with dread or fear
or just wishing I were done. Once again, thank you very much and I look forward
to learning more from your travels and painting demos.
John Ballbach - Clearwater, Florida
- I have had the pleasure of knowing many
talented people. I am always amazed at your ability to frame things so
delightfully. Your painting video (seen on Google) is so much more satisfying
to watch than my high definition TV. Even though teams of people and gobs of
money have been spent, they typically fall far short of your work. How a
fellow with a camera and home editing equipment can produce this level of
product is beyond belief. – Harvey Kerstein, Clearwater
- I was surfing the web today and lucky me, I
found your website and your wonderfully informative videos and artwork that
are, to put it simply-fantastic. Your superb renderings of the beauty of
nature are truly inspiring. And, not only do you have a wondrous talent in
the flick of your wrist with a loaded brush, but your musings and ability to
convey techniques of the trade in an easy to understand language are also
Kodak of your inner heart. I just had to let you know your work inspires me to
try harder and harder. Thanks for all the wonderful videos. I’ve had 30 years
of learning and your 30 minute videos taught me that there is much more to
learn - Ginger Jamerson, Virginia
- I was enthralled with your paintings and have
much enjoyed watching your painting videos. I am new to painting, and I now
have a new appreciation and insight as to why I found such enjoyment in
looking at your art. – Barbara Budan, North Carolina
- I have been introducing my artist friends to
your painting videos on Video Google. You now have quite a fanclub in
Colchester. - Kerry Harris, Colchester, UK
- Just a short note to let you know that I find your online demo videos most instructive and a joy to watch your paintings come to life. I think you may be the only artist that takes so much time and energy in producing joy for others. I watch your videos not only once but repeatedly because, as I said, they are extremely instructive. Many thanks. Jerome O'Conner - Brick township New Jersey
- Your videos have been extremely helpful to me as an artist. I have approached acrylics again (after leaving them in high school; many years ago!), and just watching you work is invaluable in my efforts.
I also wanted to thank you for your blog. I read it faithfully, and have taken many of the entries to heart. When I get discouraged, I re-read your postings, and find inspiration to continue. I have followed your career over the years, and I have always admired your artwork. Even the smallest of tips ("Light Leans Towards Color") reveals your insight. - Michael Brugh, Mobile Alabama
- I'm a professional painter and art teacher here in Rio de Janeiro.
I discovered your marvelous site, and your terrific videos, that was extremely useful for me.
Sergio Chermont/ Rio de Janeiro
- Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing expert knowledge with me. The plein air demonstrations are worth there weight in gold to myself as an artist.
Margot McCartney- Towanga South-Victoria Australia
- Wanted to drop you a note to thank you for your site, especially the videos. It's nice of you to share your insight and knowledge with the rest of us. I watch them almost daily and continue to pick up a little something new each time.
After finding your site earlier this year, I was inspired to pick up a brush again after many years and start painting again, trying my hand at acrylics.
Thanks again for your wonderful web site and video teaching.
Mike Romero -
- I have watched your latest demonstration and enjoyed as usual.I have a collection of many american artist videos and you are one of my favourite.I am an award winner artist and I always get inspired by your techniques. I deperately wait for your latest addition. Mohammed Tahir - Pakistan
- (Email after filming a program at the Marjorie Kinnan Rowlings State Park)
Dear Roger and Sarah,
I sorely missed you at the park today. In just two days you managed to renew my enthusiasm for my park by seeing it through your eyes. I have had many memorable times at the MKR farm, but your visit ranks right up there at the top.
It isn't often that our visitors immerse themselves in the beauty and understand the creative energy that is there to be felt. We have so many "fly by" tourists who, after 20 minutes, are gone.
To witness and participate in your project was an absolute delight for me. Both of you embraced the place, and endured the inhospitable environment, all for the sake of making fine art.
I am proud to have been able to participate in your production. Keep doing what you do, and know there are many who support your efforts. Hope to see you again soon. Let's not be strangers.
Sheila Barnes - Park Ranger
- Keep posting your excellent videos, with their succinct and intelligent advice – so different from the vague and haphazard guidance more commonly available. It’s not often that one finds excellent technical information and such high artistic standards coinciding in this way. Robert Jones
- Niton Undercliff, Ventnor, Isle of Wight
- I am 61 years old and have only discovered the joy of drawing and painting in the last 18 months. I have been struggling with building my paintings and watching your videos turned a light on for me. I am now approaching each painting attempt with renewed enthusiasm and believe I have a path to follow in these early learning stages.
I enjoy landscapes and really like your style and "feel" and will use your videos as a guide to establishing my own style.
I have decide to become a mature age student, aiming for my Diploma in Visual Arts, commencing this year - it's never to late!
Thank you again for the assistance you have made available to me and the enthusiasm you have awakened in me.
Peter Smith -